In case of emergency with facilities or students, during weekend times or off school time, please contact Dr. Ember Conley at 435-659-7591.
Save the Date!
Jill Landis-Lee, Secondary Dual Language Coordinator from the University of Utah, will be here to speak to all parents of DLI students in grades 5-7 on March 24th, 6-7 pm, at Ecker Middle School.
We want ALL of our students to receive a high quality education. Our goal is to increase educational achievement and attainment for every learner at each level of the education system. Definition of High Quality: Each student is engaged with rigorous and relevant curriculum that focuses on intended learning targets.
Learning is the fundamental purpose of our district. Our goal is to ensure high levels of learning for ALL students in the Park City School District. It requires each school to examine all practices in light of their impact on LEARNING. All students learn!
Read Across America March 2, 2016
Celebrate Dr. Seuss’ Birthday by reading to students! Read to Park City School District elementary students for half an hour and the Park City Education Foundation will buy a book for their classroom library!
2016-2017 DI Enrollment Information
Dual Language Registration for SY 16/17 is now open!
The online registration for next year's first grade Dual Language Immersion program is now open. The information is in English and Spanish, and parents will receive confirmation of registration once they submit the document. Parents who need assistance completing the form may complete the registration at their neighborhood school.
All registration forms must be submitted by 4:00 pm on Friday, February 12, 2016. Parents who live outside school or district boundaries must also submit an open enrollment request along with the required $5.00 fee to the district office by February 12, 2016.
Additional information on the program and student selection can be found in the Powerpoint below.
La inscripción para el programa de inmersión dual comenzará el viernes 15 de Enero en nuestra pagina de web. Los padres que necesiten ayuda para completar el formulario, pueden completar la inscripción en la escuela de su estudiante.
La inscripción para este programa debe ser completado en o antes del 12 de Febrero a las 4 de la tarde. Las familias que residen fuera de los límites de la escuela designada o del distrito escolar deben presentar un formulario de “Open Enrollment” antes del 12 de Febrero junto con el pago de $5 a la oficina del distrito escolar.
Información adicional sobre el programa y la selección de estudiantes se puede encontrar en la presentación de powerpoint adjunta.
What can we do to prevent future inappropriate email interactions?
The Park City School District uses Google as our email provider. A technology review is in process and PCSD is currently testing a Google product that will allow keyword filtering which in turn will alert us if/when there is inappropriate content. Additionally, Park City School District is currently working with Barracuda Network (the district archiver) to investigate the level of controls that might be available as the information is being sent and/or archived.
In addition, the district wants to reinforce that students need to be reminded, they are a first line of defense and that contacting a trusted adult if they receive “any” information that makes them feel uncomfortable is important in combating this issue. We have also provided services through our counseling department. Counselors and teachers read a prepared statement regarding the recent incident at Ecker Hill to EHMS, PCHS and TMJH Students over the last three days.
The following information was shared:
- Facts about Mr. Spitzer-
- He was a music teacher at Ecker dismissed from his job earlier this month.
- He taught at different schools in the Park City School District over the last 12 years.
- He was arrested for inappropriate electronic communication with a student.
- He used his position as a teacher in an unacceptable way to deceive a student.
- The student was very brave and courageous. The student did exactly what they had been taught to do. Out of respect for the student, there will be no speculation as to who the student is.
- Students are to discuss details of the allegations with parents and not here at school.
- No one ever wants to be named or the subject of a rumor. Even if joking,these statements can be hurtful to students and can be considered harassment. They may also discourage students coming forward now and in the future.
- If there is something the school needs to know, please inform the school right away.
- Students should trust their instincts and keep open communication with trusted adults
- Tell a trusted adult, if they don’t listen tell another trusted adult. “It doesn’t stop until you tell.”
- Remember the information and skills that have been taught by parents and counselors through the elementary years.
- Students will be asked to imagine if they were the one that had been taken advantage of by a teacher this way and were in this student’s place. Think about what they would be going through and what this student might be going through. Think about what it would feel like to hear their name in rumors.
- There are extra counselors available if anyone needs to talk to one.
Please mark April 21, 2016 on your calendars as the district will be hosting Detective Christina Sally from the Summit County Children’s Justice Center to discuss what parents can do to be involved in conversation with their children and adolescents regarding keeping themselves safe. In addition, PCSD will have an update to technology filters and future prevention. The meeting is scheduled for the lecture hall at Park City High School at 6:00 pm.
Park City School District is providing a Parental Exclusion Form for parents that do not want their student(s) to participate in state level testing. There are multiple tests listed on the form as well as what grade levels are tested using the assessments and the testing dates.
If you are interested in excluding your student(s) from state level testing, please fill out the form indicating which test(s) you are selecting and return it to the front office at your school. The requirement from the state is that the form needs to be turned in at least one (1) day prior to the test window. However, we would ask that you provide three (3) or more days notice when possible.
Welcome to Kindergarten!
2016-2017 Kindergarten registration is now open. Please complete the online registration by clicking on the link below. Your child must be 5 on or before September 01, 2016. There are no exceptions to this as it is State law.
Once you have completed the online registration you need to bring a birth certificate, proof of residency and immunization records to your child's school to complete your new Kindergarten registration.
Kindergarten Registration 2016-2017
¡Bienvenido al jardín de infantes!
2016-2017 Kinder inscripción ya está abierto. Por favor complete el registro en línea haciendo clic en el enlace de más abajo. Su hijo debe ser de 5 en o antes del 01 de septiembre de 2016. No hay excepciones a esto ya que es ley del estado.
Una vez haya completado el registro en línea que usted necesita traer un certificado de nacimiento, prueba de residencia y vacunación a su escuela para completar el nuevo registro de Kinder.
Kindergarten Registration - Spanish
In the event of a weather related school closure, Park City School District has a parent notification system called School Messenger. The system uses the phone number, and email address provided to us at registration time, and it is important that parents keep this information updated with the schools so you can receive important and timely notices.
Information regarding any school closures will also be posted on the district website and relayed to the local radio station, KPCW.