Associate Superintendent of Teaching, Learning and Technology (email@example.com)
Administrative Assistant for Curriculum and Instruction (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Park City School District now offers online courses through Utah Students Connect. Click here for more information.
The Utah State Office of Education also offers online courses. Click here for more information.
The New Common Core
Utah is one of over 40 states and territories that have agreed to transition their core standards for English Language Arts and Mathematics to a set of standards common to all states. This “Common Core” initiative is organized and supported by the National Governor’s Association (NGA) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO).
The Common Core State Standards Initiative is a state-led effort to establish a shared set of clear educational standards for English Language Arts and Mathematics. These have been informed by the best available evidence and the highest state standards across the country and globe.
Click here for more information: The New Common Core
Click here for a Parents' Guide to the New Common Core
- Pioneer is Utah's online library featuring general reference information, links to Utah specific resources, and connections to additional library information. If students are logging in from outside of the school, they will need to ask their librarian for the password.
- Surweb is the State of Utah Resource Web. It provides resources including collections of images, online media shows, testing, and learning segments.
- E-Lab - Activities for 3-8
- Education Place - K-8 resources for teachers, students and parents
- Funbrain - Education site for K-8 kids and teachers
- Homework Helper - Links to help with your homework
- I Know That - Learning skills for life
- KidsClick - Web search for kids by librarians
- PuzzleMaker - Create customized word search and crossword puzzles
- Scholastic - Games, contests and books
- Science Fairs - Ideas for your science fair project
- Smithsonanian - A place to explore, discover and learn
- Time For Kids - Discover the world
- UEN Student Center - Educational web sites, activities and television programs
- U.S. Department of Education
- USOE Curriculum information
- How to Compile a Bibliography
- Education Place - Activities and resources for parents
- Family Education - Parenting advice and family reference
- Help for Parents to Help Students
- Home/Crime & Violence Prevention
- Internet Public Library - Collection of online references
- NEA - Parents & Community
- Special Education Resources
- U.S. Department of Education
Career and College Planning
- The Career Key: Choosing a Career
- Intended for the use by career planners ranging in age from middle school to adult.
- College Board
- This site serves as one of the major gatekeepers, so it's important to know what this website has to say.
- FastWeb focuses on college scholarship information and college/applicant matching.
- O*Net Career Exploraton Tools
- The nation's primary source of occupational information.
- One of the premier sources of information about postsecondary education.
- SparkNotes is the internet generation's answer to Cliff's Notes.
- Vocational Information Center
- An amazing amount of career, vocational, and technical information.