Substitute Reminder and Procedural Update
1. For substitutes working in a secondary school assignment: All substitutes are reminded that if you submit for a full day as a substitute, your work hours should reflect a full day. This means that if the teacher's prep period happens to fall at the beginning or end of the day, you need to report to the front office to find out if you are needed for any other duties. An exception to this would be if you are in a lengthier sub assignment and need the prep period(s) for your own preparation of materials and/or subject matter for class. Please understand that each school has different needs and substitutes can/should assist when needed during available prep time.
2. The district is implementing a new procedure this year for substitutes that are in the system, but go for a full school year (meaning the August start date to the last school day in June) without accepting a job. If a job is not accepted for a full school year, you will be exited from the sub system. The district currently has an abundance of qualified substitutes as well as individuals interested in substituting on a waiting list. Exiting those individuals who choose not to substitute for a full year will allow those on the waiting list to rotate into the system.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter. Please contact Cindy Hair at 435-645-5600 x1420 or email@example.com for more information or for assistance.
Notes for subs
- All absences must be entered into the sub system, even "no sub required" jobs.
- No sub is to report to a school without a job number and his/her name in the system as the assigned substitute.
- Substitutes should verify their profile: phone number and address accuracy, plus subjects and schools.
- Teachers entering an absence need to accurately input times for the substitute. The system defaults to a full day if this is not done correctly and subs report for work expecting to work a full day.
- Substitutes need to check in and out at the office to insure accurate timesheet records.
- A teachers prep hour is part of their work day and should be included in the substitutes day as well. If there is nothing to do during prep, check with the office in the event help is needed elsewhere during that time.