Dual Language Immersion
In today's world, where increased conversations about globalization permeate discussions across all industry sectors, dual language immersion education is taking center stage as the most effective and efficient program for preparing linguistically and culturally competent students who can successfully compete in a complex global economy.
- The Dual Language Immersion Model
- Side-by-side look at traditional and DLI curriculum
- Curriculum for Dual Language Immersion
- Registration Meeting Presentation
- Dual Language Programs on the Rise (Harvard Education Letter)
- Experts cite value of elementary world language classes (eSchool News)
- 6 Foreign Languages Kids Should Learn (Parents.com)
- Benefits of a Second Language
- Benefits of Dual Language
The classroom teacher assesses students in the DLI program and proficiency reports are provided to parents with feedback on their child's progress in the language twice a year. All DLI students participate in all state standardized tests in English. They also participate in a nationally normed language evaluation called the AAPPL test.