Dual Language Immersion
How do I support my child at home?
Below you will find the powerpoint presentation and handouts from the New Parent Orientation that was held on August 27th. The handout lists practical tips for supporting positive language learning behaviors and general language enhancing activities.
The DLI Parent Advisory Council
This council consists of parent representatives active in their school PTA and parents of students in the DLI programs. The parents were nominated by their school principal and by other parents in the DLI program to participate on this council. As an advisory council, they represent the constituents at each site by contributing information, conducting surveys, sharing ideas district wide and raising concerns to the district coordinator. Monthly minutes will be publicized on this site from each meeting and parents are encouraged to contact their parent representative with concerns regarding the program.
Parents who are not representatives are welcome to schedule a time to present at the council meeting by contacting Kathy Einhorn, email@example.com.
- Jeremy Ranch: Kerrie McNeely and Julie Nirula
- Trailside: Missy Hilton and Lesa Hough
- McPolin: Peter O'Dougherty and Francisco Mendoza
- Parley's Park: Tara Stocker and Amy O'Reilly
- The Bilingual Family Newsletter
- Raising Bilingual Children
- La crianza de niños bilingües: preocupaciones comunes de los padres y las investigaciones actuales
- Parent Orientation Presentation
- Community Education Spanish Language Courses
If you would like to volunteer in the DLI program, please contact Kathy Einhorn if you are not a parent. Parents should contact the DLI Parent Advisory Representative from your school for more information and opportunities.