- "Overloaded and Underprepared" by Researchers Denise Pope, Maureen Brown, and Sarah Miles
- "Authentic Strengths" by International Author and Life Coach, Fatima Doman
National School Safety
Utah Administrative Code - School Grounds
School Fencing: Benefits and Disadvantages
National Crime Prevention Council
Guide for Developing Effective Emergency Response Plans
- The principles of school emergency management planning.
- A process for developing, implementing, and continually refining a school EOP with community partners (e.g., first responders and emergency management personnel) at the school building level.
- A discussion of the form, function, and content of school EOPs.
- Additional information on the critical operational functions and courses of action developed to carry them out that schools should address in developing a comprehensive, high-quality school EOP.
- Additional information on the courses of action unique to particular threats and hazards.
Films of Interest
Parley's Park Elementary
- A committee has been formed at Parley's Park Elementary, chaired by Jody Curtis, to recommend where the new fence will run and what fencing material should be used.
- The Board has agreed to delay the installation of a fence at Parley’s Park Elementary until the committee has had time to put forth ideas that are agreeable to the parents and community.
- Oct. 17: Walk and Talk with Principal David Gomez, immediately following school (approximately 3:15 p.m.)
- Jan. 31, 2018: Committee will propose fence line to Board for approval
- April 31, 2018: Committee will propose material for fence to Board for approval