2022-23 Class Schedules in ClassChoice
ClassChoice is the online scheduling system PCHS uses to allow our students to access and adjust their class schedule for the upcoming school year. PCHS students will be able to review their 2022-23 PCHS Class Schedules via ClassChoice per the schedule below. Most students have a complete schedule. But if a student’s schedule is incomplete due to class conflicts or cancellations, they will have the opportunity to complete their schedule by making adjustments in ClassChoice. We recommend ALL students review their schedule to make sure it’s complete.
This is NOT the same as confirming your enrollment for the 2022-23 school year! Parents confirm their student’s enrollment for next year in the Current Student Enrollment Update system. See the Back To School Information page for that information.
NOTE: Class schedules are subject to change prior to the first day of school! Your FINAL schedule will be ready the morning of the first day of school in PowerSchool, or pick up a paper copy between 7:00 and 7:30 in the school office.
***Please read this ENTIRE page before logging into the ClassChoice system!
In August 2022:
– ClassChoice will OPEN on Tuesday, August 2 at 7:00am to grade levels 10-12.
– ClassChoice will CLOSE on Monday, August 8 at 7:00am.
– NO schedule changes will be accepted August 8-16.
– See the “Schedule Changes after ClassChoice Closes” section below for change requests beginning August 17.
- Link to ClassChoice: CLOSED
- How to Use ClassChoice
- 2022-23 PCHS Master Class Schedule (subject to change, including teachers)
- We may cancel or close access to ClassChoice at any time. Closures will be noted on this page.
***BEFORE YOU CHANGE ANYTHING in ClassChoice, we recommend you sketch out a plan on paper FIRST. Print out a paper copy of your schedule in ClassChoice, then download the PCHS Master Schedule and map out any changes you may want to make, then check for class availability in ClassChoice. Make sure ALL the classes you want to change are available BEFORE you change anything. If a class is full, it’s FULL, and you won’t be allowed to take it. Once you make a change in ClassChoice, it’s done, and there is NO undo. If you drop a class that’s full, you won’t be able to get it back.
Read ALL the information and instructions provided on this page, in the ClassChoice system, and in the “Important Information and Tips” section below. Frequently asked questions are likely already answered.
If you tried to change your schedule in ClassChoice, but still have problems that you cannot resolve yourself, you can fill out this Schedule Change Help Request Form and your counselor will respond. The help form will CLOSE on August 8 at 12:00pm and NO more change requests will be accepted. Do NOT email your counselor. Don’t ask to get into a full class—If a class is full, it’s full—no exceptions!
For technical help ONLY (your login doesn’t work or the program isn’t working), email the Registrar (Ms. Frink) and explain the problem you are having with as much detail as possible. For best results, use a computer, not a mobile device. If it’s not working in one browser, try a different one. If the system becomes overloaded, it will go into a “queue” mode and students will be allowed in when there’s room. If you’re logged in and are inactive for too long, the program will log you out.
Important Information and Tips
- Read the “How to Use ClassChoice” handout above and read ALL instructions and warnings included on the ClassChoice screens.
- Be mindful of graduation requirements before making any changes! There is a tool in ClassChoice to help you estimate your graduation progress. For your official grad progress, look in PowerSchool (Grade History > View Graduation Progress), or contact your counselor.
- Only classes that are available to you will appear. Classes that are full, have unmet prerequisites, or are not offered to your grade level will NOT be available to you.
- If a class is full, it’s FULL. The counselors DO NOT have access to overload classes. If a student does not see an available seat, the counselors will not either.
- Place your cursor over the course name or course number to see the other periods/terms a particular course is offered.
- There is NO undo! Be very careful when dropping a class, as other students will be online at the same time looking for classes. If they choose the class that you just dropped, and the class is full, it will no longer be available to you.
- Make sure you have a full schedule—all eight periods, periods 1-4 Red and White, are filled each semester.
- Not sure what a course is about, what its prerequisites are, or what grade levels can take it? Look it up in the PCHS Course Catalog.
- The PCHS Master Schedule was built and classes were filled based on the requests the students made during class registration in March. Therefore, many classes are already at capacity and cannot be overfilled.
- This MAY NOT be your final class schedule! Changes to the PCHS Master Schedule, like teacher assignments, periods a course is offered, room numbers, etc., may occur over the summer. The spring version of your schedule MAY NOT match your August version. Final schedules will be available in PowerSchool (and paper copies can be picked up) on the morning of the first day of school.
Schedule Changes after ClassChoice Closes
NO requests for schedule changes will be accepted after ClassChoice closes in August as we finalize the class rosters and teachers begin preparing for their classes. DO NOT email your counselor for a schedule change.
Beginning on the first day of school, changes can be requested for FIVE DAYS ONLY. That information will be posted on the Schedule Change Policy page.
As stated in the Schedule Change Policy, once the school year is underway, students have only FIVE DAYS after each Semester begins to request a change, and no changes are accepted after midterm. Counselors will ONLY change schedules for the following reasons:
- There is an empty period in the student’s schedule.
- A senior is a missing graduation requirement.
- The student has already completed the course.
- The student hasn’t met a prerequisite requirement.
- The course change is medically necessary.
- The course change is a level change due to class failure or missing graduation requirement.
- Teacher-recommended academic placement.
- Link to ClassChoice: CLOSED