Code of Conduct
Utah Standards for School Buses and Operations and Park City School District Policy
Riding the school bus is a privilege
Follow these rules
Video Cameras May Be In Use
- I will follow the driver’s instructions. The driver is in charge of the school bus, will assign seats, and require bus passes.
- I will be at the bus stop at least 5 minutes before the bus arrives, standing in line, and behave appropriately.
- I will follow the safety instructions of my bus driver while on the bus and upon entering and leaving the school bus.
- I will be courteous and respectful. I will respect all property and use appropriate language.
- I will behave respectfully as I do in the classroom and not bully others.
- I will remain seated at all times while on the bus.
- I will not bring objects on the bus that may create a safety hazard or cannot fit on my lap. All large objects must be in either a backpack or in a closed case.
- I will not eat or drink on the bus. Exceptions: Medical reasons. Water may be consumed on long field trips to prevent dehydration.
- I will keep the bus clean and place refuse in the trash container.
- I will keep all body parts and objects to myself and inside the bus.
Utah School Bus Standards and Operations: Appendix 3, Pupil Rules
Park City School District Policies: 5015, 10060, 10100
Warning: It is unlawful to
- enter a school bus with the intent to commit a crime.
- enter a school bus and disrupt or interfere with the driver.
- refuse to disembark after being ordered to do so. (76-9-107, Utah Code)