If you are planning on becoming a collegiate athlete after graduating from PCHS, you will need to understand the process of eligibility for the NCAA. On this page, you will find resources that can help you navigate the NCAA eligibility process.
The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) is a voluntary organization through which the nation’s colleges and universities govern their athletics programs. It is comprised of institutions, conferences, organizations, and individuals committed to the best interests, education, and athletics participation of student-athletes. The mission of the NCAA consists of two concepts of ideology: Core Purpose and Core Values. The core purpose is to govern competition in a fair, safe, equitable, and sportsmanlike manner, and to integrate intercollegiate athletics into higher education so that the educational experience of the student-athlete is paramount. The Core Values of the Association–through its member institutions, conferences, and national office staff–share a belief in and commitment to:
- The collegiate model of athletics in which students participate as an avocation, balancing their academic, social, and athletics experiences.
- The highest levels of integrity and sportsmanship.
- The pursuit of excellence in both academics and athletics.
- The supporting role that intercollegiate athletics plays in the higher education mission and in enhancing the sense of community and strengthening the identity of member institutions.
- An inclusive culture that fosters equitable participation for student-athletes and career opportunities for coaches and administrators from diverse backgrounds.
- Respect for institutional autonomy and philosophical differences.
- Presidential leadership of intercollegiate athletics at the campus, conference, and national levels.
For official information about the NCAA, please go to www.ncaa.org.
- To begin the eligibility process, go to the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- IMPORTANT- If you are taking Utah Students Connect courses, DO NOT list Utah Students Connect as a separate school on your NCAA account. Only list Park City High School--we are the school that awards you the credit for UTSC courses.
- NCAA Core Course Requirements
- Park City High School Approved Core Courses (school code 450290 for grades 9-12)
- Resources and Reference Guides
- NCAA Frequently Asked Questions