Park City School District is committed to helping protect the health and safety of our students, families, and staff. We are monitoring the changing coronavirus pandemic closely and continue to comply with all State and local health guidelines, directives, and orders.
- August 1, 2020 Return to School Video
Students should wear masks when they are in common spaces such as entry areas, hallways, and the front office. While in the classroom, students may remove masks when they are at their desks and/or are socially distant from other students. As per Governor Herbert’s directive, flexibility will be given to accommodate younger children and students with special needs or concerns.
Faculty and staff will wear masks or shields when physical distancing is not feasible.
To mitigate the spread of coronavirus, teachers will assign seats and/or small groups to support contact tracing. As much as possible, we will keep the same students and teachers / staff with each group. We will also maximize the space between seating and desks and face all students forward.
Nonessential furniture and equipment is being taken out of classrooms to increase distancing footprints. Students will also have few shared supplies in the classroom.
- We have increased the frequency of sanitizing all areas, especially restrooms and other high-traffic areas.
- Frequently touched surfaces and items (doorknobs, desks, computers, sporting equipment, shared supplies, etc.) will be cleaned and disinfected at least daily.
- Hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, soap, and water, or similar disinfectant, will be readily available to all staff, students, and visitors in controlled environments.
- We are strictly complying with all other Summit County Health Department recommendations.
PCSD will create a plan for students, families, or staff who identify as high risk for severe illness due to COVID-19. The plan will address requests for such things as alternative learning or additional safety protocols. Students who cannot attend school in person this fall have the option of;
- distance learning, where students join classes virtually and synchronously, or
- blended learning, where students share time between physical and online classrooms.
PCSD will accommodate the personal decisions of families and students who would prefer to continue remote learning, to the extent of resources available.
Students and staff will wear face coverings when participating in large group gatherings in the auditorium or gym. Students will have socially distant and assigned seats. Nonessential assemblies, concerts, dances, etc. will be limited or canceled. More virtual gatherings will occur
Yes. Playgrounds will be managed with health and safety principles and requirements in place. Recess will be scheduled so that equipment can be disinfected between each use. A limited number of students will be on the playground at any given time.
Nonessential visitors and volunteers will be limited. Visitors and non-regular staff must submit to a temperature check and wear a face mask and visitor badge. They must sign in, list the location being visited, and sign out.
A student that exhibits any symptom of illness should be kept home. Parents should consider keeping students home if they have been exposed to a family or household member who is sick.