- First Responder Asthma Module
- Utah Asthma Program
- Asthma Powerpoint
- Asthma Action Plan
- Asthma Medication Authorization Form
- Utah Asthma Resource Manual
- Asthma School Response – Video 3:25 Minutes
- Winning with Asthma – Video 30:00 Minutes
- Online Asthma Training for Coaches UDOH
- How to use an inhaler with spacer – Video 2:01 minutes
- How to use an inhaler without spacer – Video 2:15 minutes
- Inhaler with Spacer Training Form
- Inhaler without Spacer Training Form
- Bus Form: Transportation Communication for Students with Health Care Safety Needs – Asthma
- Bus Form: Emergency Procedures for Transportation for Asthma
1. Review the PCSD Policy 10106
2. Watch A Shot to Live
3. Fill out this form indicating you have completed the training.
4. Demonstrate epinephrine auto injector use to your school nurse.
- First Responder Allergy Epinephrine Administration Module
- Health Care Plan: Allergy & Anaphylaxis Emergency Action Plan
- Health Care Plan: Epinephrine Authorization Form
- Tree Nuts
- How a Child Might Describe a Reaction
- Tips for Avoiding Your Allergen
- In A Matter of Minutes Video 1:54
- Powerpoint: FARE – Keeping Students Safe and Included
- PCSD Epi Pen and Anaphylaxis PPT
- Powerpoint: A Shot to Live
- How to Use an Epi Pen – Video
- How to Use an Adrenaclick – Video
- How to Use an Auvi-Q – Instructions and Video
- Anaphylaxis Training Module Test
- Epi Pen Administration Training Form
- Epinephrine Auto Injector Module
- NASN Get Trained for School Staff…powerpoint
- Bus Form: Transportation Communication for Students with Health Care Safety Needs – Allergy
- First Responder Diabetes Module page
- First Responder Diabetes Module
- How to Use BAQSIMI
- Diabetes Medication/Management Orders
- Diabetes Emergency Action Plan
- Utah Diabetes Individualized Healthcare Plan
- Hyperglycemia Signs and Symptoms
- Hypogylcemia Signs and Symptoms
- Glucagon Administration A Guide for School Personnel
- Glucagon Education Module Skills Checklist
- Diabetes in the School Powerpoint
- Tips to Help Teachers Keep Kids with Diabetes Safe at School ADA Powerpoint
- Diabetes Basics Video 4:38 Minutes
- Hypoglycemia Video 3:11 Minutes
- Hyperglycemia Video 1:52 Minutes
- Glucagon Administration 2:23 Minutes
- Bus Form: Transportation Communication for Students with Health Care Safety Needs – Diabetes
- Bus Form: Emergency Procedures for Transportation for Diabetes
- Diabetes Test
- Helping the Student with Diabetes: A Guide for School Personnel
Additional Diabetes Information
- JDRF CC17 Delegate Sophia UT
- JDRF CC17 Delegate Alex UT
- Diabetes Guide for School Personnel
- Diabetes Care Tasks at School Powerpoint
- Blood Glucose Monitoring Video 2:21 Minutes
- Insulin Basics Video 3:35 Minutes
- Insulin by the Pump Video 1:49 Minutes
- Nutrition and Physical Activity 2:30 Minutes
- 10 Things Teachers Should Know
- First Responder Seizure Module
- First Aid for Seizures at School
- Seizure Observation Record
- Seizures in School – UDOH Video 18:25 Minutes
- Seizures in the School Setting – Powerpoint
- Student Specific Training for Nasal Versed or Diastat Training
- Bus Form – Transportation Communication for Student with Health Care Safety Needs – Seizure
- Bus Form – Emergency Procedures for Transportation – Seizures
- Seizure First Responder Test
Concussions (Traumatic Brain Injury)
- First Responder Concussion Module
- PCHS Concussion Management Plan (CMP)
- TMJH Concussion Management Plan (CMP)
- K-7: ACE Plan
- Head Injury Parent Notification Letter
- Head Injury Parent Notification Letter – Spanish
- Head Injury Report Form FR/Secretaries
- Head Injury Assessment Tool – Nurses
- Heads Up Fact Sheet Concussion Signs and Symptoms
- Concussion Algorithm
- Get a Heads Up Video 1:50 Minutes
- Concussion: Understanding Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Powerpoint
- Concussion Test
- Concussion Powerpoint
- Preventing Sports Injuries – Web Site
- State Law H.B. 204
Medication Administration and Policy
- PCSD Medication Permission Form – HCP
- Daily Medication Administration Form – HCP
- Medication Administration Training: Oral – Video 1:43 minute
- Medication Administration Test
- Medication Administration Powerpoint
- Medication Error Report Form
- Opioid Overdose: Naloxone Module
- Naloxone in Schools: Training for School Staff PPT
- Safeguarding Your Community PPT
- Naloxone Administration Record
- Naloxone Protocol – Narcan
- Naloxone Flowsheet – Narcan
- Naloxone Protocol – Evzio
- Naloxone Flowsheet – Evzio
- Naloxone Training Module Test
- Naloxone Skills Checklist
- PCHS Map (location of AED and Epi Pens)
- Treasure Mtn Map (location of AED and Epi Pens)
- Ecker Hill Map (location of AED and Epi Pens)
- Trailside Map (location of AED and Epi Pens)
- Parley’s Park Map (location of AED and Epi Pens)
- McPolin Map (location of AED and Epi Pens)
- Jeremy Ranch Map (location of AED and Epi Pens)
Law and Policy
FNS USDA 7 CFR 210.31 Local Wellness Policy.
Under Utah Code (53G-7-1202 and 53G-4-402), all elementary, middle and junior high schools are required to create and distribute a Safe Routes Plan. The Safe Route Plans shall encourage an increase of walking and biking to school.
The Federal Pro Children Act of 1994 states: “No person shall permit smoking within any indoor facility utilized for services for kindergarten, elementary or secondary education or library services to children.” This applies to all schools and programs that are funded by the federal government or through state and local governments.
Utah Code 26-38-2: The Utah Indoor Clean Air Act prohibits smoking and vaping at ALL elementary and secondary schools, both public and private; this includes the premises on which those facilities are located.
Utah Code 53G-10-406: Requires a “school-based prevention program” for students in grade 7 or 8 AND AGAIN in 9 or 10, that is aimed at preventing underage consumption of alcohol. Botvins LifeSkills Training was chosen and approved to meet this requirement as it is a research-validated prevention program proven to reduce the risk of substance abuse and risky behaviors (not just alcohol) by targeting the major social and psychological factors that promote initiation.
Utah Code 53G-9-204: School nursing services.
Utah Code 53G-9-208: Sunscreen possession.
Utah Code 53G-9-301: Immunizations
Utah Code 53G-9-502: Administration of Medication.
Utah Code 26-53: Protection of athletes with head injuries.
Utah Code 53G-9-703: Parent education-mental health-bullying-safety.
Utah Code 53G-9-704:Youth suicide training for employees.
Utah Code 53G-9-207: Child sex abuse prevention.
Utah Code 26-55: Opiate Overdose Response Act.
Utah Code 53G-9-404: Vision screening.
Utah Code 26-41-103: Stock epinephrine and stock albuterol.
R392-200-9: School Health and Safety.
R156-31b: Nurse Practice Act Rules.
R277-620: Suicide Prevention Programs.
Utah Code 53G-9-702: Suicide prevention.