Transition Planning Information
Transition Community Resources
- Vocational Rehabilitation Employment services for ages 14 and up– Start with an orientation video on the website.
- Pre-Employment Transition Services Providers (Pre-ETS) A list of providers for students 14-21 with disabilities to assist with preparation for employment.
- Utah Center for Assistive Technology (UCAT) Information and technical services to help people with disabilities acquire assistive technologies.
- Passages at UVU (for students with Autism)
- Creating Achievement Through Transition (CATT) Weber State University – Peer mentors for Weber students
- Aggies Elevated at Utah State University- Comprehensive Transition Program for students with intellectual disabilities
- University of Utah Center for Disability and Access
- Salt Lake Community College Disability Resource Center
- Utah Valley University Accessibility Services
- Weber State Disability Services
- Utah State University Disability Resource Center
Independent Living and Transportation:
- The Utah Independent Living Center (UILC) offers programs for teens and young adults and free classes and outings for young adults. Independent living supports. 801-466-5565
- The Utah Parent Center (UPC) offers resources, workshops, and support for families and transition-aged students. (801) 272-1051.
- Park City Mobility provides public transportation for people with disabilities within Park City.
- Utah Transit Authority (UTA) provides reduced fare information and para-transit appointments. 801-RIDE-UTA (743-3882)
- Utah Courts How-to information for guardianship.
- Guardianship Associates of Utah provides professional guardianship information and services.
- The Utah Office of Public Guardianship (OPG) provides guardianship and conservatorship services for adults who are unable to make basic life decisions.
- Utah Legal Services offers legal assistance for guardianship.
- The University of Utah Pediatrics provides information on guardianship estate planning.