The purpose of this page is to Increase Parent Involvement and Increase Student Accountability by providing the tools needed to monitor the student’s progress.
What is PowerSchool?
PowerSchool is the web-based student information system used by the Park City School District. It provides you with a convenient means of being involved in your student’s school day. At any time you can:
- Check student’s grades
- Track student’s assignments
- Monitor student’s attendance
- E-mail access to student’s teachers
- Sign up for automatic daily, weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly e-mail reports (available via parent login only)
- View the school’s daily bulletin
How do I get access to PowerSchool?
PowerSchool logins are reset every summer for your protection and confidentiality. Students will get their new login when they pick up their laptop. Students get their own ID and password so they can keep track of their own grades and assignments, providing a way to help them accept responsibility for their work.
With a Parent PowerSchool Account, parents will have access to a special E-mail Notifications page where they can sign up for automatic progress reports. Because of this exclusive feature, it is highly recommended that parents keep their account ID and password confidential and not share it with their student.
- To set up a Parent PowerSchool Account, parents will need their student’s parent access ID and password. We mail those home the first week of September. Parents can link all their students to one Parent Account, all you need is the parent access ID and password for each of their students. For instructions, see the Parent Single Sign-On Instruction Sheet.
- If you lose your Parent Account set-up instructions, contact the school. For security reasons, we will not give out account information by phone, fax, or e-mail. We can mail your login information to your mailing address on record, or you can pick it up in person.
How to use PowerSchool
To access PowerSchool, type the following address into your Internet browser: powerschool.pcschools.us. It is a good idea to bookmark this location for future use. PowerSchool is also accessible from our District and TMJH websites (pcschools.usand tmjh.pcschools.us); the link is located in the top right corner.
To check grades and assignments once you are logged in, click on the “Grades and Attendance” icon.
To view assignments, click on the blue number grade under the current Quarter of each class. Teachers often include additional information about an assignment which you can access by clicking on the active (blue) link. If you would like to e-mail your student’s teacher, you can do so by clicking the teacher’s name in blue.
Parents can also set up automatic progress reports via email.