Volunteers Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can volunteer?
Anyone age 18 and over can volunteer with Park City Schools; however, all volunteers working with or supervising students must go through the background check process.
2. Why do I need a background check?
Park City School District takes security in our schools seriously. It is also a state law.
3. Are other districts doing this?
Yes, background checks are done statewide by all school districts and other agencies serving children and young adults.
4. Who needs to have a background check?
Any volunteer who will be working with students must complete the background check process.
5. What are they looking for in the background check?
Background checks will red flag misdemeanors and felonies that may affect the safety and security of students. A parking ticket, off-leash dog, or failure to shovel snow from a sidewalk will not limit a volunteer’s ability to work with children.
6. Will I have to do this every year?
Yes, if you are volunteering in an area that is linked to working with or supervising children.
7. Where can I find the Volunteer Application?
You can find it right here: Volunteer Application