Parent-School Learning Compact
I want my child to achieve therefore I will:
- Make certain my child attends school regularly and on time.
- See that my child is well-rested and has breakfast each day.
- Set aside a specific time and place for homework, assisting as necessary.
- Attend at least two conferences and communicate regularly with my child’s teacher to ensure his/her academic success.
- Support the school and staff in maintaining proper discipline.
- Read with my child and let him /her see me read regularly.
- Encourage positive attitudes toward school.
- Volunteer in my child’s classroom as appropriate.
- Review information and work sent home and respond as necessary.
It is important that I learn, therefore I will:
- Attend school regularly and on time.
- Complete assignments and homework.
- Bring homework and supplies to school each day.
- Work to the best of my ability.
- Work cooperatively with classmates, teachers, and staff.
- Respect myself, other people, and my school.
- Follow all school rules.
- Accept responsibility for my own actions.
It is important that my student achieve, therefore I will:
- Hold expectations high for all students, believing that all students can learn
- Provide high-quality instruction in a supportive and non-threatening environment.
- Provide meaningful homework.
- Communicate regularly with my students and their families through conferences, notes, phone calls, etc.
- Provide opportunities for parents to assist in the classroom in meaningful ways and to observe classroom activities.
I support this compact therefore I will:
- Provide an equitable learning environment for all children.
- Encourage the staff to provide parents with information about the total school program.
- Encourage our staff to provide avenues for positive and meaningful parent involvement.
- Schedule annual parent-teacher conferences for parents of children to attend.
- Provide reasonable parent access to staff members.
- Provide a variety of opportunities for parents to volunteer in their child’s classroom.
- If needed and reasonable, provide parents opportunities to observe classroom activities.