• New Student Enrollment

    New Student Enrollment is for students who are NEW to the Park City School District, and former students who are re-enrolling after having withdrawn from a district school.

    New Students Enrolling for the 2023-24 School Year: 
    The district will begin processing student enrollments for the 2023-24 school year starting in March. To enroll a NEW student, you will first complete the New Student Enrollment process with the District Registrar, see "Step 1" below. You must have proof of residency within the Park City School District boundaries to enroll. If you have questions about residency requirements, please contact the District Registrar, Jossi Hurtado (contact info below).  AFTER the District Registrar has approved your new student’s enrollment, the PCHS Registrar will contact you via email to schedule your appointment with a counselor to discuss your student’s classes and graduation plan. Appointments will be scheduled for May 1-24 ONLY.  Due to graduation and end of year wrap up, enrollments completed after May 24 will not be able to schedule an appointment until August. 

    STEP 1:  The first step is to complete the online enrollment forms and provide the required enrollment documents to the District Registrar. For full information on enrolling a new student, click this link: New Student Enrollment Process and Requirements – Park City School District. **Note, you will need to provide an unofficial copy of your student’s high school transcript that includes all grades/credits completed in grades 9-12 to date, so be sure you get a copy from their previous school.

    • Questions about the enrollment process, requirements, school boundaries, or proof of residency can be addressed to the District Registrar, Jossi Hurtado, jhurtado@pcschools.us or 435-645-5600 ext 1421.
    • Questions about Park City High School, transferring credits, graduation requirements, course offerings, etc., can be addressed to the PCHS Registrar, Jennifer Frink, jfrink@pcschools.us or 435-645-5657 ext 2067.

    STEP 2:  AFTER the District Registrar has approved your enrollment, the PCHS Registrar will contact you to schedule your appointment to meet with a counselor to create your class schedule and graduation plan. This is an important meeting, and both the student and the parent/guardian should plan to attend. Prepare for your appointment by exploring the PCHS Course Catalog to see our class offerings and to review our graduation requirements.

    Tours/Shadowing:  We don't offer tours or shadowing. This is for the safety and security of our students and to minimize distractions. Our School Profile and the PCHS and District websites are full of information about our academics, course offerings, graduation requirements, extracurricular activities, counseling department, student handbook, policies, and more. On, or just prior to, their first day of school, new students will be paired with a Hope Squad student who will provide a school tour and answer questions.

    Charter School students transferring to District schools:  If your student is now attending a local charter school (Winter Sports School or Weilenmann School of Discovery), and you would like to transfer them to your boundary Park City School District school, you must notify PCSD in writing no later than June 30 of your intention to enroll your student for the upcoming school year. After June 30 and during the school year, enrollment is subject to the open enrollment process, space availability, and an official release from the charter school. For additional information, please contact the District Registrar, Jossi Hurtado, at the District Office, 435-645-5600.

    Important note about IEP or 504 Documentation:  If your student was receiving special education services via an IEP, or accommodations per a 504, providing us with a copy of those plans at the time of enrollment will greatly speed up the process for receiving those services at PCHS. Call your previous school to get a copy for yourself, or have them email it to jfrink@pcschools.us or fax it to 435-645-5658. We won't request full student records until AFTER the student is enrolled.

    When is the best time to transfer schools?  If you need to move during the school year, our best advice is to complete the grading term at your current school and earn those credits first. Then transfer to PCHS as close to our term start dates as possible. We are on a quarter grading system, and our term dates are below. Rest assured, our counselors are here to help you through your school transition regardless of when you transfer.
    Quarter 1 - August 17, 2022, to October 21, 2022
    Quarter 2 - October 24, 2022, to December 16, 2022
    Quarter 3 - January 3, 2023, to March 16, 2023
    Quarter 4 - March 20, 2023, to June 2, 2023

    NOT Eligible to Enroll:  Persons cannot enroll in PCHS if: (1) they have already completed secondary school and earned a diploma or completion certificate, regardless of the country or grade/age level when completed; (2) they or their cohort class have already completed 12th grade; or (3) they turn 18 years old on or before September 1, unless they have just completed 11th grade and are on track to promote to 12th grade. For continuing education, Adult High School, GED, and Adult English Language Learning options, contact the district's Adult Education office at 435-615-0209.

    Foreign Exchange Students:  PCSD accepts a limited number of J-1 visa exchange students in grades 10-12. Official agency applications must be submitted to the District Office by April 30th. International students, or F-1 visa students, may enroll on a tuition basis. Contact Dena Housel at the District Office (435-645-5600) for information on both visa situations. Visa students cannot earn a diploma, nor can they participate in graduation activities. The District may choose to suspend our foreign exchange and international student programs for any given year.

    Welcome to PCHS!  Here’s where you find information on…

    *Important Note about Student Athletes:  Per the Utah High School Activities Association (UHSAA) Transfer Rule, any student transferring from one high school to another may lose eligibility for participation in Association-sponsored athletic activities for twelve months from the first day of attendance at the new school. However, the Association has the discretion to waive all or part of the ineligibility based on bona fide change in residence or evidence of hardship. If you have questions, contact the PCHS Athletics & Activities Director Jamie Sheetz.

    PCHS Registrar:

    Jennifer Frink
    435-645-5657 ext 2067  (if you are outside the U.S., please use email)
    Fax: 435-645-5658
    The Registrar’s office is located in the PCHS Counseling Center. Office hours are 7:15 am to 3:00 pm on school days.